Here we go again. In the interests of sanity and general good health I have been persuaded to run another virtual challenge. Last time we went for Lands End to John O’Groats in teams of eight. This time in teams of two we take on Wainwright’s Coast to Coast from St Bees Head in Cumbria to Robin Hoods Bay on the North Yorkshire coast
Mustering on the start line in preparation for departure on Monday morning are the following ‘runners and riders’..
- The Dorset Dashers captained by last time’s ‘first across the line’ Nigel Hadden Paton now teamed up with his wife Bumble
- Winners on the fundraising side last time out Escargatoire (aka Snails) with Michael Gurney and Martin Forsyth
- Walking now instead of biking The Animated Amblers with Lucy Petrie and her son Gus
- Tom Bagge has teamed up with celebrated walker (Cyprus to UK) Edward Lloyd Owen (son of the Steward) who have yet to decide upon the name of their team
Welcoming the new recruits to the challenge we have:
- The Cuckoo team,: Richard and Sarah Jewson
- ‘Good Morning Vicar’: Charlie and Caroline Barratt
- Overyaction..from Burnham Overy Staithe thus the name: Justin and Emma Dowley
- The Norfolk Hens; Penny Middleditch and various other chicks with whom she will be variously walking
- The Wandsworth Wanderers.. John and Katie Suffield representing London and who tell me they have already started …one for the Steward?
Back to some old timers:
- Sister Act 2 ..Alice Van Cutsem and Polly Williamson ..the H-P sisters
- Baz and Hex.. more H-Ps fresh from Broadway Harry and Bex (with child due in March!)
- The Dilke Dynamos with George and Tocky F-D (also with child due in March!)
- Also representing London, Annis and Will Richmond participating with last time hero son Willoughby in his buggy as the Wombles of Wimbledon
- And finally the home team Tum and Jaw
Possible late entrants:
- Erika Mott from Lermoos in Austria with an as yet to be chosen partner who will be climbing mountains rather than the little hills you encounter in Dorset
- Bishop Jonny Meyrick whom I ambushed at today’s Remembrance Sunday service in Kings Lynn but has not had time to commit since he has been changing the wheel on his wife Rebecca’s motor, a task made no easier attired in a cassock and mitre!
See you all on the start line tomorrow morning, assuming John Suffield you have not already left (??).
Wishing them all well and safe walking….